Band Boosters of Boca Raton, Inc.
The purpose of the Boca High Band Boosters is to advance the best interests of the Boca Raton High School bands by giving support as requested by the Band Director. All parents or guardians of students enrolled in the Band Program are members of the Band Boosters organization. Maintaining an active band program requires support and funding beyond that provided by the school system. The Band Boosters, a non-profit corporation, was formed in 2000 to provide this support. Activities include the following:
- Purchase and maintenance of uniforms
- Provisions of funds for the purchase and repair of instruments and equipment
- Provision of funds for the purchase of music and supplies requested by the director
- Furnishing chaperones for band events
- Organizing and implementation of fund-raising activities
- Maintenance of web site
- Encouragement of new parent involvement
- Support and advocacy for music programs in the public schools
Interested in being a Chaperone?
The support and assistance of parent chaperones is necessary to the success of band activities. Selected parents of band students will act as chaperones at band functions. Chaperones are expected to support the philosophy of the program as stated by the director. Chaperones will ride on the buses and stay with the band during the entire activity. Anyone who volunteers to be a chaperone accepts certain responsibilities and will be expected to carry out assigned duties. The Band Director will coordinate recruitment of chaperones for overnight trips. Punctuality is necessary. Chaperones are prohibited from consuming alcoholic beverages immediately before or during band activities. Smoking is not allowed. The Director will make rules and guidelines with the safety and welfare of the band members in mind